Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bangalore vs Chennai vs Hyderabad

I am not going to compare the general good and bad things of these cities. A very nice comparison of that kind can be found at eNidhi.

Well, over the years, many parents, students, friends asked me questions like:

- My son is passing out this year, which city is good for him to find a job?
- I have done a course on Mainframe, where should I search for a job?
- Which city has more opportunities for SAP?
- etc.,


Here I am trying to find answer for these questions through (somewhat) realistic data. In the process I have found some interesting stuff that I will share with you.

I have these numbers in front of you that indicate the approximate (relative) number of jobs available in each city. I hope these numbers themselves answer the questions.



Now you can decide which city you want to land to find your dream job. Though this table is accurate, this is not complete as it does not indicate the competition in each city (Ex: there may be more job seekers in Bangalore than Hyderabad, so the success probability in Bangalore might be less than Hyderabad though Bangalore has more jobs than Hyderabad). I was not able to get data on 'number of job seekers' from each city. But I feel that the data given here will be useful to some extent.

Other interesting stuff

- Not only the software exports, but also the number of job openings proves that “Bangalore is hottest for IT”. Though Bangalore is suffering from creaking infrastructure problems, the city still continues to be the hottest for IT companies.

- Though Chennai and Hyderabad has comparative number of jobs in other areas, Bangalore is exhibiting over whelming majority in product jobs (VLSI/systems-programming in table-1).

How the data is collected

1)Entered naukri.

2)Searched jobs with
- Location "city name"
- Functional area "functional area"
- Keyword "Technology"
- Job Type "Company jobs"
- Freshness "less than 30 days old"

Finally, I agree that one can get more number based conclusions by googling it a bit (or by looking at data in job sites). Please let me know if you attempt and analyze the relevant data.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is good analysis. everybody knows that blr has more jobs , but its good to see in numbers and compare how much more does blr is offering... nice job!!

Shrinidhi Hande said...

Good analysis and thanks for the link.

I am linking back to you at that post.

meanwhile I've moved my blog to own domain. Can you please update your post with the new permalink

http://www.enidhi.net/2006/10/hyderabad-bangalore-chennai-comparison.html

Saini Travels said...

Saini Travels of Bus Tickets through Ticketgoose.com with simple money transaction procedures. Can also select seats, Book return Tickets and also cancel Tickets Online. TicketGoose ease the customers to Book Bus Tickets by walking into its channel partner outlet which includes Corporate Sectors and Ticketing Agents. Ticketgoose.com Launched in August 2007 has been a leader in Ticketing Web Portal for booking Bus Tickets Online .

Zerelda said...



Very helpful Post!!! This is the first time I have read a post like this. Find Career tips here.


British School Chennai